DProto is a plugin for Metamod that allows protocol 47 and 48 no-steam clients to join the server.
Except this main function it fixes many security issues with GoldSrc server and contrary to HLDS it is updated often.
- Server accepts all known clients based on 47 and 48 protocols (with all populat emulators and without the emulator)
- Sopport of all GoldSrc games (i.e. based on Half Life 1)
- Customizable SteamIDs for clients;
- Works with latest version of hlds;
- built-in server-side emulation support.
Current version: 0.9.531.
DPROTO 0.9.531 – HLDS – Windows/Linux
1. Go to /addons/ and make new directory named dproto
– it is a game directory; cstrike for Counter-Strike, valve for Half-Life, etc
2. Copy dproto.dll or dproto_i386.so to /addons/dproto/
3. Go to metamod installation directory (usually its /addons/metamod/) and edit plugins.ini:
add this line for windows
or this for linux
at the beginning of the file
4. Copy dproto.cfg to cstrike folder.
5. Start the server.
when server loads, type "meta list" in console. You'll see something like this: Currently loaded plugins: description stat pend file vers src load unlod [ 1] dproto RUN - dproto_i386.so v0.9.531 ini Start Never [ 2] AMX Mod X RUN - amxmodx_mm_i386. v1.8.3 ini Start ANY 2 plugins, 2 running