DProto is a plugin for Metamod that allows protocol 47 and 48 no-steam clients to join the server.
Except this main function it fixes many security issues with GoldSrc server and contrary to HLDS it is updated often.
- Server accepts all known clients based on 47 and 48 protocols (with all populat emulators and without the emulator)
- Sopport of all GoldSrc games (i.e. based on Half Life 1)
- Customizable SteamIDs for clients;
- Works with latest version of hlds;
- built-in server-side emulation support.
Current version: 0.9.391.
- added quick fix against net_message overflow @ Netchan_CopyNormalFragments
- Fixed bug with HLTV SteamID in connect string set as BOT if cid_HLTV is 5.
- Added SteamIdHashSalt config parameter. Added emulator generated SteamIDs hashing.
- Fixed overflow file name format.
- Be lenient to the mod. Do not crash in PEntityOfEntIndex.
- PEntityOfEntIndex bugfix (thanks to PRoSToTeM@). Cleanup.
- Deltas processing bugfix (thanks to PRoSToTeM@). Cleanup.
- Option to log threat details. New config parameter: ThreatsLoggingMode. Spectate command rate limit to 1 per sec.
- Fixed utf8 checking function. Check whole userinfo for utf8 validity.
- Check requested customization in OnHandResources list too.
- Clear downloaded customizations on reconnect (actually on sendres command).
- Fixed bug with RequestedCustomizations cleanup on new connections.
- Increased connection flood burst level a bit to handle multi-protocol clients
- Fixed IsSafeFileToDownload on new builds to allow customizations downloads. Fixed CheckRequestedDlAgainstCustomizations code.
- Fixed custom reject message output for SteamEmu clients.
- Checking customization downloads against client resources. Allow to download existing resources only once. Fixes for client_t structure.
1. Go to /addons/ and make new directory named dproto
– it is a game directory; cstrike for Counter-Strike, valve for Half-Life, etc
2. Copy dproto.dll or dproto_i386.so to /addons/dproto/
3. Go to metamod installation directory (usually its /addons/metamod/) and edit plugins.ini:
add this line for windows
or this for linux
at the beginning of the file
4. Copy dproto.cfg to cstrike folder.
5. Start the server.
when server loads, type "meta list" in console. You'll see something like this: Currently loaded plugins: description stat pend file vers src load unlod [ 1] dproto RUN - dproto_i386.so v0.9.531 ini Start Never [ 2] AMX Mod X RUN - amxmodx_mm_i386. v188.8.131.52 ini Start ANY 2 plugins, 2 running